Rusty Bindings Ski Club Ski/Board Trip
Sun Peaks Ski Resort, British Columbia
March 4 – 10, 2018
In the past, Rusty Bindings has organized ski trips for its members out of the Tahoe area. We haven’t done that for a while. So the RB Board is bringing back that tradition of having small-group out of state ski trips for our members. Dick Duker and Janet Spencer have been authorized, working with Dennis Heffley (Sun Peaks Rep and RB member) and SportsAmerica, to put together a custom ski trip that we think you will all love.
The Sun Peaks Village is mostly auto-free, with ski in/ski out accommodations, and a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The village is smaller than Whistler Village, and consequently very walkable to restaurants, grocery stores, and shops. Those familiar with Sun Peaks Resort know that it has the Second Most Skiable Acreage (4,270) in all of Canada! And being farther inland, the snow is much dryer than Whistler.
We have reserved rooms at the finest hotel in Sun Peaks, the Grand Hotel, a 4-star hotel with deluxe accommodations and outdoor hot tubs. The hotel is in the middle of the village, yet right next to the lifts. No bus rides needed to the lifts, just step outside, put your skis on and ski to the lifts!
The basic package includes the following:
- Round trip airfare SFO to Kamloops, Canada with a connection in Vancouver, BC
- No early morning flights! SFO flight at 12:25 pm; return from Kamloops at 4:45 pm.
- Round trip luxury coach (1 hour ride to Sun Peaks)
- 6 nights hotel room accommodations, 2 per room
- Daily full buffet breakfast at the hotel
- Hotel has several outdoor hot tubs
- 4 out of 5 day lift ticket
- A welcome reception
- Daily on-mountain guides (they’re awesome!)
- Discounted Ski/Board rentals (airline fees for skis are about the same price as renting)
- First Tracks with breakfast on the mountain
- Snowshoe Campfire Cookout
- On your off day, Sun Peaks also offers snowshoeing, cross country skiing, dog sledding, snowmobiling, ski racing (Friday only).
- Limited to 32 participants. RB members only until Dec 1.
- Price Options available when signing up: Senior discount on lift tickets, Land only, Discounted 5th day lift ticket, Single supplement.
The price for the above basic package is $1,450.00 (add 3% if paying by credit card). Your $200.00 trip deposit is fully refundable till December 8, 2017. 2nd payment of $500 due by December 8, 2017. Final payment due by January 8, 2018.
Sign up online at: http://rbsunpeaks.sat.tours
Questions . . . contact Dick Duker…email@example.com or Janet Spencer firstname.lastname@example.org